Thursday, September 29, 2011

F words - Food, Fence, Fall Festivals and Fun!

Things have been very, very good and quite busy around here. Past two Friday's on my days off, I had to run some errands and leisured into the local retail stores as they just began to put out their halloween goodies. Think about a child who still believes in santa and wakes up christmas morning to all the presents she asked for. That's my face and internal feeling as I see all the halloween displays starting to be set up.  Also, several weekends ago I finally remembered to write down some ingredients for some halloween inspired recipes. I made this "Witch's Cauldron Pasta with Breadstick Broomsticks". I am going to attempt to make a mummy calzone this week as well! Rewind back to last Sunday I started building more of my cemetery fence. I am just about finished painting them, and should be done by this evening.  Most exciting thing of all is, tomorrow's the big day I start my set up! Pulling out all the storage bins from the garage and creating my halloween wonderland, brings me all the joy in the world. Last, but not least, this month is going to be very busy for me due to my favorite time of year, as well as 2 fall festivals I'm attending as a vendor for my candle business this month. I will keep everyone updated as much as I can. Until then stay spooky and happy hauntings!

Love,
Madame Jen

9 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished cemetary scene. Happy decorating!! That pasta dish looks delicous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vivienne, The fence isn't too spooktacular. If you click on the link above you can see the one I did a few years back. Same thing, painted black. Keeps the pesky kids out. lol

    The pasta was so easy! 1 box of Tri-colored Rotini, 1/2 tsp of nutmeg, 1 frozen 10oz spinach, 1 jar of alfredo sauce, 4 oz of cream cheese. 1 package of breadsticks (cut the ends to make broomsticks).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, thanks for the pasta recipe Looks good & it's quick! Perfect for this busy time of year.

    I felt the same way when I went into Halloween City last night. My eyes couldn't take it in fast enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you're really feeling the Halloween excitement! We're nearly into October... actually about an hour and a half away where I am. :) I can't wait to see some photos of your display!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm back! I made the pasta last night & it was SO good! I made it so it was Weight Watchers friendly and even my picky-ass 14 year old ate a plateful! However, my breadsticks ended up looking like either claws or squid. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Justine - Pics soon to follow. Super busy I've completed about 80%. Need to fix some lights and playing with my new bff "liquid nails" for tombstones, crazy winds in Atlanta over the weekend knocked down stuff on Sat when I was attending the Festival.

    Lisa - So glad you wrote in. Meaning to tell you there were several times I tried to comment on your blog and just cant figure it out. :( Maybe I'm not as computer savey as I thought.

    Glad you liked it. Yes the breadsticks were a little tricky. Mine didn't look as good as the picture in the magazine. lol Oh and I tried the mummy calzone last week. HAAAAA what a freak'n mess! Delicious when it was said and done, but dealing with actual dough wasn't fun. Looked NOTHING like a mummy. I did bake my first pumpkin pie Sunday eve. That was delicious, although I forgot the whip cream. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the fence! Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted you to know that I have passed on and awarded you the Liebster award. I have recomended your blog as well as four others to pass it on to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're popular! I've awarded you the Zombie Rabbit Award !

    ReplyDelete